Thank you for having the appointment with us. These instructions are to answer and guide you through some common scenarios while your fixed prosthesis is being manufactured.
- Fixed restorations usually takes around two appointments to complete
- Sometimes things may take a bit longer due to the precise manufacturing tolerances needed which can take a bit longer than expected
- In the event that you have lost/break the temporary restoration, our practice always make a stent of your original teeth during your first appointment (like a insurance policy) so that you will be re-assured that we will always have a temporary restoration to place back in your mouth.
| Do|| Don't|
|+ Brush your teeth as normal|
+ Eat and drink as normal as possible after the numbness has worn off
|- Bite on hard or sticky foods that may damage your fillings (such as nuts and bones)|
- Bottle tricks
- Eat until the numbness has completely worn off (if you are hungry it is recommended to have liquids instead in this period).
- Floss around the temporary crown -> express ticket for us making a new one for you
- A little bit of sensitivity after the appointment
- Temporary restoration to break/fall off, if it does happen please call us and we will make a new one.
- Gums to feel a bit sore after the appointment, it is to be expected and will calm down within 1-2 days
- Bite to feel a bit odd (but not heavy) after placement of the temporary restoration
- Prolonged numbness for a few hours due to the local anaesthetic. Lips, teeth, and tongue may be numb for several hours after the appointment.
If your bite feels uneven, if you have persistent pain, or you have any other questions or concerns, please contact our office.