A beautiful smile exudes confidence and conveys emotion. With invisalign you can achieve a beautiful smile discreetly.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is one of the few systems which uses plastic aligners to move your teeth just like normal braces, except in a more discreet way since the aligners are clear.
It is custom made and fitted aligner that move your teeth in a slow and steady manner into alignment. Making way to that straight and beautiful smile.
Attachments = those oddly shaped composite materials which will help aid the movement of your teeth. Looks like this:
Where are these “aligners” made?
The aligners are custom made by the 3D printing machines in North America shipped to our clinic. The diagnosis and treatment planning are done by Invisalign technicians and double checked by us.
The headquarters and the R&D department of Invisalign is located at
San Jose, California. But the whole Invisalign system started here in Sydney, Australia!
What are the usual treatment times for Invisalign?
Treatment times can vary depending on a lot of factors:
- Vertical problems: Deep bites and open bites
- Horizontal problems: cross-bite/scissor bites
- Anterior-posterior problems ( or “forwards and backwards”):
- The amount of crowding (measured in mm) which you currently have within your top and bottom dental arches
Because of this, the treatment time is very individually based. The best way to find out is to contact us and have a consultation in regards to it.,
What are the pros and cons of Invisalign compared to (traditional) braces?
|Treatment option||Pros (+)||Cons (-)|
|Traditional braces (metal/porcelain)|
Some heads up about having Invisalign
- You must wear each aligner for at least 22 hours (as continuous as possible) a day during your treatment for best results and a timely outcome.
- This is because for the first 8 hours of wearing any orthodontic device, the dental ligaments are just like a car engine warming up and your tooth are not actually moving!
- For example: 10 hours of wear (10 – 8 = 2) means that you’re only moving your tooth for 2 hours.
- Your teeth can accumulate bacteria and surface stains a bit quicker. This is due to the aligners pooling your saliva in your mouth. Good oral hygiene and regular visits to us can help reduce/eliminate those chances.